I’m not sure why everyone thought their calendar ending was significant. My wall calendar ends every year. I just buy a new one.
Apparently, ancient South American civilizations didn’t have kiosks in the middle of their malls selling every possible type of calendar for the new year. If the Mayans had mass produced calendars each year with pictures of cute cats for every month we wouldn’t be having this conversation today.
|Photo from RGBstock.com by brainloc|
10. The Myans wanted to see if they could impress McKayla Maroney.
9. The calender actually was counting down the world’s Twinkie supply.
8. Someone had a vision of all the “Call Me Maybe” parodies and thought, “Surely, our planet can take no more.”
7. The Mayan priest realized thousands of years in advance that when he calculated the end of the world, Harold Camping didn’t carry the one.
6. The guy making the Mayan calendar was a big R.E.M. fan.
5. Linsanity and Tebowmania could not coexist without tearing the space-time continuum.
4. Three words: Honey Boo Boo.
3. The world couldn’t end until after the Twilight saga was complete.
2. They wanted to trend on Twitter, while trolling future civilizations.
1. ALIENS … it’s the only logical explanation.